California Table Grape Commission recipe for California Grape Sushi Rolls.
Join the Healthy Dining Club!
Get the Latest News, Coupons, Recipes & Special Offers
- 2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice, at room temperature (see Notes)
- 6 sheets nori seaweed
- 1½ cups red seedless California grapes, halved
- 1 avocado, cut into 12 thin slices
- 1/3 English cucumber, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 (8-ounce) container fresh crab claw meat
- Optional low-sodium soy sauce, picked ginger
- Spread 1/3 cup rice evenly onto each nori sheet, leaving a 1-inch empty space at the far end of the sheet. Toward the center of each sheet, line up the following ingredients, without overlapping: 3 heaping tablespoons grape halves, 2 slices avocado, 6 cucumber matchsticks, and 2 heaping tablespoons crab.
- Using the nori to hold it together, roll everything up tightly. Cut each roll into 8 pieces. Serve as-is or with the optional toppings.
Recipe Notes: 1. Claw crab meat is more flavorful and less expensive than lump crab. 2. Use pre-cooked frozen rice to save time. It is sold near the frozen vegetables in most grocery stores. 3. Nori seaweed sheets are sold in the Asian section of most grocery stores. 4. For the tightest roll, use a sushi mat.
Recipe courtesy of California Table Grape Commission, developed by Dawn Jackson Blatner, RD, CSSD, LDN. Click here to watch her create this unique sushi recipe!
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 190; Fat 6 g; Saturated Fat 1 g; Cholesterol 35 mg; Sodium 150 mg; Carbohydrates 25 g; Fiber 4 g; Sugar 6 g; Protein 9 g
Stop by a participating Healthy Dining restaurant for a wide variety of sashimi and sushi choices recommended by dietitians. Here are just a few of the healthy sashimi and sushi choices you can find at restaurants nationwide:
Also Check Out:
3 Alarm Roll at How Do You Roll?
Located in AZ, CA, FL, TX
Sashimi at Makiman Sushi
Located in Philadelphia, PA
Maguro Sashimi at Roy’s
Located in AZ, CA, FL, IL, MD, NV, TX